Effective September 1, 2022
[See also Terms of Service]
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Website or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Where does CNaught collect Personal Information from?
What Personal Information does CNaught collect?
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, if you submit a form through the “Contact” page, we will collect Personal Information such as your name and email address. Certain information may be required to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features. The categories of Personal Information we collect may concern you or others and may include, but is not limited to: (a) name; (b) zip code; (c) email address; (d) telephone number; (e) mailing address; (f) demographic information (e.g., gender, age, political preference, education, race or ethnic origin, and other information relevant to user surveys and/or offers); (g) date of birth; (h) photographs; (i) information about your business or project; (j) video or audio files; (k) in certain circumstances, payment and/or identity verification information; and/or (l) any other content you include in communications communications with us. It may also include information specific to services you are requesting through the Platform, such as a business name or service description.. You are not required to provide us with such information, but certain features of the Platform may not be accessible or available, absent the provision of the requested information.
How does CNaught use Personal Information it collects?
We use your information to operate, improve, understand, and personalize the Website, and for the following purposes:
- To meet or fulfill the reason you provided the information to us.
- To communicate with you about the Website, including announcements, updates or offers.
- To provide support and assistance for the Website.
- To create and manage your account or other user profiles, if applicable.
- To personalize website content and communications based on your preferences.
- To process orders or other transactions.
- To respond to user inquiries and fulfill user requests.
- To improve and develop the Website, including testing, research, analysis and product development.
- To protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions and maintain the safety, security and integrity of our Website.
- To comply with our legal or contractual obligations and resolve disputes.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- For any other business purpose stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws.
As noted in the list above, we may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers or email you about your use of the Website. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us, which helps us improve our services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will CNaught share any of my Personal Information?
We do not rent or sell your Personal Information in personally identifiable form to anyone. However, we may choose to buy or sell assets, and may share and/or transfer account, contact, and other Personal Information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
In some circumstances, we employ other companies and service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you; in such cases, we share Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- Auditing related to a current interaction and concurrent transactions.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use of Personal Information that is not used by another party to build a consumer profile or otherwise alter your consumer experience outside the current interaction.
- Performing services on our behalf, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that we own, manufacture, was manufactured for us, or control.
We may de-identify your Personal Information so that you are not identified as an individual, and provide that information to our partners. We may also provide aggregate usage information to our partners (or allow partners to collect that information from you), who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Website, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience.
Is Personal Information about me secure?
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your Personal Information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What Personal Information can I access?
The Website currently does not include the ability to access your information; however, the information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Website changes. If you have any questions about the information we have on file about you (including any request to delete, correct, or update that information), please contact us at email@example.com.
What rights do California residents have?
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org or 333 Bush St, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104.
What rights do Nevada residents have?
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Information to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Information. You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
What choices do I have?